There is nothing,
half so much worth doing
as simply messing about in boats.
(The water rat in The Wind In The Willows)
Notes and legal disclaimer:
- This site is still under construction so please wear a hard hat.
- This site best seen on a monitor at 800 x 600 with a (any) REAL browser.
Wimps who use Web-TV, AOL, or a microwave oven to view this site may experience problems and not fully enjoy the orgasmic experience. Do me a favor and don't come complaining to me. Don't say I didn't warn you. And do yourself a favor and get yourself a real computer.
- Absolutely no smoking allowed.
- Pretty girls enter free (but subject to search and seizure)
Some of my interests are sailing, traveling and dixieland jazz.
As of now I have begun pages dedicated to:
- My Photo Album (As my mother would say: "You used to be sooo cute!")
- My Father, My Mother (Photos)
- Memories of my childhood
- Origin of the ship name Cutty Sark
- Thar She Blows!
- Rounding Cape Horn in a Windjammer (National Geographic 1931 article)
- A short history of Celestial Navigation,
- Breve Historia de la Navegación Astronómica,
- Breve Historia de los Instrumentos de Navegación Marina,
- Great Circle Sailing,
- Sight Reduction by the Marcq St. Hilaire method
- Piloting and dead reckoning
- History of Communications
- Cryptography (and why you should use it)
- How to Keep It A Secret,
by Jeff Prosise, PC Magazine, July 1994.
- The Zimmermann Telegram
- William and Elizebeth Friedman, Breaking codes was this couple's lifetime career (Smithsonian, June 1987).
- The Cogswell Society
- Duluth!, funny speech by J. Proctor Knott, of Kentucky, in the U.S. House of Representatives in 1871
- Judge Roy Bean, Hang'em first, try'em later
- Engrish, some humorous signs in "English" I have found in my travels in Asia.
- Just So Stories for little children and imaginative adults
- A funny article about puttering
- Trouble in Store for Mr Claus
- Spanish Cooking
- Old Sherry, the first one hundred years of Gonzalez & Byass.
- Chronicles of a Gay Gordon, transcription of a book written in 1921 by a distant relative.
- All the women I've loved before
- Travel - Huelva (My trip to Huelva in December 2001)
- Travel - Asia (I was in Asia in 1997, 1999 and 2000)
- My trip to China in 2004
- Cantonese Opera Rehearsals in Washington DC
- Travel - Cuba (I was in Cuba May 1999, This is a work in progress)
- Essays (My humble view of things)
- A contemporary story about a Giant and a flea
- A Letter to Garcia by Elbert Hubbard
- General Martínez Campos in Cuba
- Traditional Spanish units of weight, length and other measures
- My new Fuji Finepix 1400 digital camera
- Carkit #38, 40 W Audio Power Amplifier
- Caldera de Gas para calefacción y agua caliente sanitaria
- Water heater for sanitary water and space heating
- Domestic water systems for boats
- Wood-burning stoves
- Play my numbers game
- Causes I support
- Quotes about what civilized and ethical people should not be doing.
- Photos of Atocha train station after the March 11, 2004, terrorist attacks
- Biografía de Quevedo
- Ande yo caliente y ríase la gente, Luis de Góngora y Argote (1561-1627)
- Ahí me las den todas
- Esquela humorística
- Central Hidroeléctrica de Grandas de Salime
- Central hidroeléctrica de Belmonte de Miranda.
- Wiring diagram and parts list for the Vespa Primavera scooter.
- Movie subtitles, Vespa wiring diagram, Valesa Cultural, etc
- Andalusia, Alabama, let's not go there.
- Why I hate CompuServe
- Why I hate Alitalia
- Logitech misrepresent their products
Please do NOT email me e-greeting cards from websites as
they are just a way for spammers to harvest email addresses.